Job Advertisement HKI-extern (Reg.-No. 180/2017)
Our working group studies the basic principles of virulence in the human pathogenic zygomycete (Mucorales) Lichtheimia corymbifera. In order to strengthen our team we seek a young scientist who is interested in contributing to the establishment of a genetic transformation system based on plant pollen and fungal spores, also with regard to medical and pharmaceutical applications.
We offer an open and constructive working atmosphere in a young and dynamic team, an international and interdisciplinary research environment at the University of Jena, affiliation with the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans-Knoell Institute Jena and membership in one of our international graduate schools. You will be embedded in a multifaceted network and will have the opportunity to develop your own research profile within the given general framework. Attractive laboratory infrastructure and access to high throughput computing infrastructure are available.
Doctoral Researcher (m/f)
starting November 1st, 2017.Your profile:
- graduation and finalized studies in biology, pharmacy, biochemistry or any other related field in life sciences
- solid background in genetic engineering of microorganisms or pigment extraction or bioinformatics with skills in next generation sequence analysis, genome assembly and annotation are beneficial but not essentially required
- record of prior publications, preferably in generation of genetically modified organisms (microorganisms/cell lines), molecular biology, microbiology, -omics applications, pigment and macromolecular biochemistry, pharmacological applications of biopolymers
- Excellent in written and oral English language and good communication skills
Your tasks: We are seeking for a highly motivated and technically skilled postdoctoral candidate with a
- Experimental investigations under both, wet lab and dry lab conditions
- Presentation of scientific results at conferences, meetings, seminars
- Contribute to teaching and guidance of master students (performed in German and English language)
- Be involved in project application management and academic self-administration
- Opportunity to pursue a Ph.D. at the Faculty of Biology and Pharmacy with affiliation to the graduate academy of the University Jena
If you are - in addition – highly motivated, feel dedicated to science, exhibit team spirit and creativity we look forward to receiving your application.
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-L E13-50%). The contract will be restricted to three years with option for extensions. The University of Jena supports equal gender opportunities. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference.
For further information
- PD. Dr. Kerstin Voigt | +49 3641 532-1395 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a CV, copies of your B.sc/ M.sc certificates, a brief statement of research experiences and interests, the addresses of three possible referees, and should be submitted as a single pdf-file until September 25th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Reg. No. 180/2017. Please be sure to highlight skills and experience related to any of the above mentioned scientific fields.
PD. Dr. Kerstin Voigt
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Biologisch-Pharmazeutische Fakultät
Institut für Mikrobiologie, Lehrstuhl für Mikrobiologie und Molekularbiologie
Jena Microbial Resource Collection