Job Advertisement HKI-20-2021
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. Talented and highly qualified candidates are invited to apply for a position in the Junior Research Group RNA Biology of Fungal Infections as a
Doctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in Fungal Pathogenesis
Research Areas: Microbiology, Mycology, RNA Biochemistry
This project is part of a Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)-funded research group that is bringing together the study of pathogenic fungi, RNA biology, and extracellular vesicles to better understand and treat fungal infections.
The field of study:
The successful candidate will investigate the field of fungal pathogenesis through the lens of RNA biology. The main topics of the project may include:
- Mechanisms of host RNA regulation during fungal infection.
- RNA trafficking by extracellular vesicles and/or ribonucleoprotein complexes.
- Investigation of RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of fungal infections.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in microbiology, biochemistry, mycology, or related discipline. Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply.
- Experimental background in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Experience in working with fungi, extracellular vesicles, and/or analyzing RNA-Seq data (or willingness to learn) is a plus.
- The candidate should be willing and able to work in an international, interdisciplinary research team.
- Very good communication skills in English.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer, the Leibniz-HKI is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply. The anticipated start date is November 1st, 2021.
For further information:
Dr. Matthew G. Blango | +49 3641 532 1072 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a cover letter, a CV containing a complete list of publications, a brief statement of research experiences, the addresses of two possible referees, and should be submitted by June 15, 2021, via the Leibniz-HKI online application system.