Job Advertisement HKI-26/2020
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The Department Paleobiotechnology invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply for a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/div/m) Microbial Bioinformatics & Data Science
for 2 years initially.
- A PhD degree (or equivalent) in bioinformatics, biology, chemistry, or life sciences (e.g. chemical biology, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, microbiology, etc.). Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply.
- A strong background in bioinformatics with particular experience using and implementing softwares in linux environments, command line tools (to manage and design workflows), reproducible data analysis skills using R software, (meta)genome assembly.
- Very good communication skills in English are required due to an international research team.
We offer: The successful candidate will be hosted in the Department Paleobiotechnology. The Leibniz-HKI is embedded in the outstanding scientific environment of the Beutenberg Campus providing state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly integrative network of life science groups. We offer a multifaceted scientific project with excellent technical facilities, a place in a young, committed team, as well as strong scientific collaborations.
For further information:
Dr. Pierre Stallforth | +49 3641 532 1527 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a cover letter, a CV containing a complete list of publications, a brief statement of research experiences, the addresses of two possible referees, and should be submitted by July 16, 2020, via the Leibniz-HKI online application system.
- Klapper M, Götze S, Barnett R, Willing K, Stallforth P, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2016, 55, 8944.
- Arp J, Götze S, Mukherji R, Mattern DJ, García-Altares M, Klapper M, Brock DA, Brakhage AA, Strassmann JE, Queller DC, Bardl B, Willing K, Peschel G, Stallforth P, PNAS 2018, 115, 3758.
- Mukherji R, Zhang S, Chowdhury S, Stallforth P, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 6192.
- Klapper M, Schlabach K, Paschold A, Zhang S, Chowdhury S, Menzel KD, Rosenbaum MA, Stallforth P, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 5607.