Job Advertisement HKI-extern (Reg.-No. 176/2018)The chair of Synthetic Biotechnology - Prof. Dr. Miriam Agler-Rosenbaum - of Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Faculty for Biological Sciences and the Department Head of the Bio Pilot Plant at the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, Hans Knöll Institute has an open position for a
Doctoral Researcher (m/f) Bio Pilot Plantfor three years initially.
The aim of this project is to develop advanced metabolic engineering tools for anaerobic, gas fermenting Clostridia (e.g C. ljungdahlii, C. autoethanogenum) with focus on genome modifications and heterologous recombination under heterotrophic conditions. Knowledge gained within these first studies will be used for the implementation of novel synthetic pathways combined with the inactivation of competing pathways for the production of industrially interesting chemicals. Results obtained within these studies will be used for biotechnological applications during autotrophic cultivation.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Microbiology or comparable with excellent grades,
- Mandatory knowledge and practical education in microbiology, desired knowledge in molecular biology, anaerobic cultivation, microbial ecology and experimental design,
- Scientific curiosity, motivation, creativity and passion,
- Team spirit, independent and cooperative work ethic,
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Independent and strategic planning, managing and conducting of a research project
- Preparation, communication and discussion of written and oral research reports within and outside of the research group,
- Participation in project development, manuscript writing and proposal preparation,
- Preparation of a PhD thesis.
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-L E13-50%). The contract will be restricted to three years with option for extensions. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
For further information
- Prof. Dr. Miriam Agler-Rosenbaum | +49 3641 532-1120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete applications in English should include a CV, certificates, transcripts, list of publications, brief statement of research experiences, a list of three potential references, and should be submitted by July 22, 2018 via the online application system of the HKI.