Job Advertisement Extern - 60/2019The Friedrich Schiller University Jena connects people and ideas, science and economy, institutions of higher education and external research organizations. Being rooted in the heart of Germany and having worldwide bonds, the university, covering all disciplines, characterizes the city of Jena as a future-oriented and cosmopolitan location together with its partners.
Microbiology connected to natural products, infection biology and bio-geo-interactions as well as photonics and optics are two of the focus areas at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena. The new Cluster of Excellence “Balance of the Microverse” combines expertises in life, optical, material and computational sciences at the university and extra-university research institutions in Jena to elevate microbiome studies from descriptive to hypothesis-driven and functional analyses.
For the expansion of our cluster management team we are looking for a highly committed
Scientific coordinator (f/m/d)for two years initially (full time employment). The position is available from 1st May 2019.
We expect a scientist with research experience in the field of the cluster and a strong interest in the development of research strategies, science policy and networking. Excellent communication with scientists from different disciplines and a comprehensive organizational talent are crucial. The successful candidate has an excellent scientific writing style in English and German, and the ability to adapt to different audiences. We would like to see a distinctive team player with a high degree of personal responsibility and the will to shape the further development of the cluster at the administrative and organizational level.
The successful candidate will be initially hosted at the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology and report to Prof. Axel Brakhage, director of the institute and spokesperson of the cluster as well as to Dr. Angela Köhler, head of cluster management.
- Implementation of the International Scientists Exchange Program
- Preparation and management of scientific events
- Organisation of gender equality and diversity measures in the cluster
- Coordination of the selection procedures for internal projects as well as further quality management measures
- Preparation and implementation of the evaluation of the cluster
- Support in writing grant proposals and reports
- Participation in the Cluster IP Working Group on Intellectual Property Rights Management
- Procurement of material resources from cluster funds
- Participation in outreach activities
- Education to PhD level in life or natural sciences, preferably in a cluster-related research field
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and German
- Distinguished project/time management and organizational skills, flexibility and ability to bring deadline-driven work to completion
- An integrative, team-minded personality with good inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong interest in conceptual-strategic work
- Good knowledge of the German research and university system and its funding bodies
- Experience in the coordination and management of collaborative research projects is
- Experience abroad is desired
- A responsible position within a highly motivated team in an internationally renowned research institution
- A multifaceted and complex research environment with an open atmosphere, state-of-the-art equipment and strong interdisciplinary collaborations
- A close collaboration of university and extra-university research institutions and their management boards
- Attractive staff benefits, for instance, contributions to the employee savings plan, season ticket loans for public transport, pension scheme (VBL)
- Remuneration in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) depending on the personal qualifications up to salary scale 13.
Please contact Dr. Angela Köhler | +49 3641 532 1320 | firstname.lastname@example.orgApplications
Complete applications in English should include a CV, a complete list of publications, a brief statement
of research and scientific coordination experiences, the addresses of two possible referees, and should
be submitted by March 25th, 2019 via our online application system.
For further information for applicants, please also refer to: www.uni-jena.de/stellenmarkt_hinweis.html
For information on collecting personal data, please refer to: www.uni-jena.de/Universität/Stellenmarkt/Datenschutzhinweis.html