Job Advertisement HKI-48/2020
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The newly established Department of Infection Immunology invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply as a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/div/m) in T-Cell Immunology
for four years initially with a possibility for extension.
The Department of Infection Immunology addresses fundamental questions about the mechanistic basis of human T-cell memory formation, stabilization, and modulation. It also investigates T-cell communication with the local tissue microenvironment in settings of infections, autoimmunity and cancer. This research has unraveled several novel T-cell functions and immunomodulatory factors. The department uses novel cutting-edge technologies in the area of high-dimensional single-cell analysis (scRNAseq, Spectral flow cytometry) to translate fundamental insights into translational applications for human health and disease. The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to investigate the metabolic regulation of the human tissue resident T-cells and their crosstalk with the microenvironment.
- A PhD degree (or equivalent) in life sciences with an excellent productivity record.
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell culture and high-dimensional single-cell data analysis.
- Bioinformatic programming skills are a plus.
- You are able to work in an independent, quality-oriented fashion, and you are open to new challenges.
- Very good communication and collaboration skills in English are required, German knowledge would be a plus.
- A modern workplace in a brand-new building, with top equipment (Cytek Aurora, etc.)
- Participation in research projects in immunology
- Experienced postdoctoral candidates will be given the opportunity to supervise students and to develop their own independent research agenda.
- A highly dynamic young team in a thriving research environment.
- A Leibniz Institute with many large collaborative projectes such as the Excellence Cluster Balance of the Microverse.
The successful candidate will be hosted in the Department of Infection Immunology. The Leibniz-HKI is embedded in the outstanding scientific environment of the Beutenberg Campus providing state-of-the-art research facilities and a highly integrative network of life science groups. We offer a multifaceted scientific project with excellent technical facilities, as well as strong scientific collaborations.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer the HKI is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
For further information:
Prof. Dr. med. Christina Zielinski | +49 3641 532 1251 | email@example.com
Complete applications in English should include a cover letter, a CV containing a complete list of publications, a brief statement of research experiences, the addresses of two possible referees, and should be submitted by May 15, 2021, via the Leibniz-HKI online application system.