Job Advertisement HKI-17/2018The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (HKI) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The independent research group of Chemical Biology of Microbe-Host Interactions invites applications for a
Master Thesis positions (Chemistry)The position is available from February 1, 2019 or soon after.
(1) Synthesis of chiral building blocks for natural product synthesis
(2) Synthesis of fluorescence-labeled bioactive natural products
- Strong interest in synthetic chemistry and analytical chemistry.
- The candidate should embrace working in a young international research team and conducting research that covers multiple biological disciplines.
- Master Studies in Chemistry, Chemical Biology and/or Life Sciences.
- A personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in a lively community of the HKI, the JSMC (www.jsmc.uni-jena.de) and ILRS (www.ilrs.hki-jena.de) community.
- Very good communication and writing skills (English).
We offer an international and multi-disciplinary environment. Currently the group consists of ~10 members at different levels of seniority; post-doctoral scientists, PhD students, master students.
More information for the research output of the group can be found here.
For further information
Please contact Dr. Christine Beemelmanns I +49 3641 5321525 I email@example.com
ApplicationsComplete applications in English should include a CV, certificates, transcripts, a brief statement of research experiences and interests and the contact details of two possible referees, and should be submitted via the online application system of the HKI. Deadline of applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.